shiner mail
  news
tour dates
band info
discography
song lyrics
tablatures
publications
audio files
video files
images
merchandise
message board
mailing list
desktop items
guestbook
frequently asked
web links
contact info
site updates
credits
online:  
the egg   
The Egg

Released: October 23, 2001
Label: DeSoto Records

Tracks:

1. The Truth About Cows [lyrics]
2. Surgery [lyrics]
3. Play Dead [lyrics]
4. The Top of the World [lyrics]
5. The Egg [lyrics]
6. Andalusia  
7. Bells and Whistles [lyrics]
8. The Simple Truth [lyrics]
9. Spook the Herd [lyrics]
10. Pills [lyrics]
11. Stoned [lyrics]


Liner notes:

we drove to tolono, il., just outside of champaign, to begin recording this fine record at matt talbot's studio, great western record recorders on march 1st, 2001. j. robbins met us up there, and jason livermore flew into kc and just rode up with us after a quick show in st. louis at the galaxy. once at gwrr, we ate and drank and playstationed and drank and recorded and then ate again. in between, it was produced by j. robbins and shiner. it was recorded and engineered by j. robbins and jason livermore. then we took off for kc on the 10th of march and began to mix at westend studios, kansas city, ks. we were there from the 11th to the 16th. that seesion was mixed by j. robbins and jason livermore, and those songs included 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, and 11. about 3 weeks later, we entered the studio with paul malinowski at the helm and mixed 4, 5, 7, 9, and 10. after that, we had alan douches at west westside master the record. and finally, we asked andy meuller to do the artwork and he not so reluctantly agreed, making this the third shiner disc bearing his fine work. being in a band means a lot of people have to do favors for you to simply exist, and we would like to thank those people. stand and be counted: kim coletta and bill barbot, matt talbot, mike miller, bill stevenson and owned and operated records, rich thomas, tim edwards, mark davis, tim ferret, jessica hopper, t' dau, john hulston, the linda morrison loan foundation, arnold epley, jason cope at start the press t-shirts, steve nearenberg, anthony corona at dr, sean beresford at mesa boogie, shawn at makin' music, the big dudes, matt hartnett, john meredith, darren welch, enaud rewort and you, the loyal shinist. beyond that, untold thanks to our wives pamela epley, tina malinowski, and hannah newton for believing in us and allowing us this extended adolescence. all songs by epley and shiner, except "andalusia," written by newton, epley and shiner. lyrics by epley. shiner pays retail except for dr strings, mesa boogie goods, and anything tim ferret gets us. booking: tim edwards and flower booking, tim@flowerbooking.com. legal: steve nearenberg, esq. / visuals : andy meuller at ohiogirl design, andy@ohiogirl.com / press: jesica hopper and hyper pr, hyper@macconnect.com / studios: great western record recorders, greatwesternrr@yahoo.com. jason gerken, josh newton, paul malinowski, and allen epley played 97% of the music on this record, the remaining 3% is courtesy of matt talbot and j. robbins, keys and voice respectively. this record is dedicated to becky gerken, charles newton, & henry talbot. desoto records relase number SH41 / 1. The Truth About Cows 2. Surgery 3. Play Dead 4. The Top of the World 5. The Egg 6. Andalusia 7. Bells and Whistles 8. The Simple Truth 9. Spook the Herd 10. Pills 11. Stoned / this recording is forty nine minutes and nine seconds. thank you.
The Egg

this site is copyright © 1999-2014 jake malone users connected; 493,877 since march 2000